Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hey all! I was reading a poem, and I'm trying to figure out this one line. little help?

The line that reads: I've got the sanity of Rosemary Kennedy before lobotomy. (down near the bottom)





Does that mean insane or sane? Your thoughts of this poem would ne great! THANKS!!





The lovesick bird bares its burden to the mass


with it's heart on its tongue it longs for a single whistle back





who clipped your wings little bird?





Its soul is the new frontier


waiting for something...anything to settle there





what clipped your wings you little thing





turn your stumbling blocks into stepping stones





you think you're too old?


you are mistaken my friend


for no one grows old by merely living a number of years


you grow old when you desert your ideals





your wings will grow back


just give it time


just consider it one more mountain to climb





-------





I鈥檝e got the sanity of Rosemary Kennedy before lobotomy


And I鈥檓 the greatest threat to my own health


But how can you blame me


I wonder why I don鈥檛 see more people going crazy reading about the news every day


Getting sick of feeling limp and useless


Oh tell me what the use is


The tortured soul I can save


鈥楥ause if you leave me alone with my mind


You鈥檙e gonna dig my grave





--------





opposites attract, and the harmony is so sweet.





but there's one thing I'd like now and then


and that's....some unisonHey all! I was reading a poem, and I'm trying to figure out this one line. Little help?
A lobotomy is neurosurgical procedure- so they are implying ';insanity';Hey all! I was reading a poem, and I'm trying to figure out this one line. Little help?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???
Rosemary was JFK's sister who was lobotomized as a treatment for schizophrenia.





Since you ';know'; who she was and what the procedure entailed, I fail to see your problem. The severe mood swings were preferable to the mental and physical handicaps which left her institutionalised in the days before Rauwolfia serpentina and lithium treatments that enabled people to live normal lives with her condition. Even psychiatric diagnosis had barely begun to emerge from the Dark Ages then, and we may forever speculate about her precise axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment